Naturopathic Medicine is a complete system of medicine that combines the wisdom of ancient healing with the science of modern medicine. Naturopathic medicine uses gentle and effective techniques to support the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Searching for, and treating, the root cause of disease is a naturopathic doctor’s top priority. Naturopathic doctors (N.D.’s) must complete a minimum of three years of university studies before being admitted to the four year doctor of naturopathic medicine program. By graduation an N.D. will have completed 4200 hours of classroom and clinical training. Naturopathic doctors employ, but are not limited to the use of, these treatment modalities:
Naturopathic Medicine can be used to treat illness, but it can also be used to prevent disease. Young and old can benefit from naturopathic treatments, whether it’s used to deal with an acute infection or a chronic condition. You too can benefit from seeing a naturopath. Contact Dr. Melissa today!
Naturopathic Physician’s Oath
I dedicate myself to the service of humanity as a practitioner of the art and science of Naturopathic medicine. I will honor my teachers and all who have preserved and developed this knowledge and dedicate myself to supporting the growth and evolution of Naturopathic medicine. I will endeavor to continually improve my abilities as a healer through study, reflection, and genuine concern for humanity. I will impart knowledge of the advanced healing arts to dedicated colleagues and students. Through precept, lecture, and example, I will assist and encourage others to strengthen their health, reduce risks for disease, and preserve the health of our planet for ourselves, our families, and future generations. According to my best ability and judgment, I will use methods of treatment which follow the principles of Naturopathic medicine: First of all, to do no harm.
- To act in cooperation with the Healing Power of Nature.
- To address the fundamental causes of disease.
- To heal the whole person through individualized treatment.
- To teach the principles of healthy living and preventive medicine.
I will conduct my life and the practice of Naturopathic health care with vigilance, integrity, and freedom from prejudice. I will abstain from voluntary acts of injustice and corruption. I will keep confidential whatever I am privileged to witness, whether professionally or privately, that should not be divulged. With my whole heart, before this gathering of witnesses, as a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, I pledge to remain true to this oath.
- Estimated Effects of Whole-system Naturopathic Medicine in Select Chronic Disease Conditions
- Modification by Antioxidant Supplementation of Changes in Human Lung Function Associated with Air Pollutant Exposure
- Rapid and Sustainable Detoxication of Airborne Pollutants by Broccoli Sprout Beverage: Results of a Randomized Clinical Trial in China
- Acupuncture for the Prevention of Episodic Migraine
- Scientific Basis of Homeopathic Medicine: A Hypothesis to Establish the Scientific Basis of Homeopathy